Cake Portion Guide
Please see a detailed guide on cutting the cake appropriate to your serving needs:
1. Remove any candles, decorations, sugar decorations, plaques and cake dowels before cutting your cake.
2. Party cakes are best sliced with a large sharp plain edged knife.
3. Cold buttercream or ganache can stick to the knife and make the cake crumble when slicing. To ensure neat, straight slices, clean the knife before each slice by dipping it into hot water.
4. To lift the cake slice, make use of a cake lifter or palette knife with the cake knife supporting the opposite side.
5. For a clear understanding of sizing and portioning your cake, please see the image guide of slices in a rounded party cake.